Looking for something? Check here!

Custom Search

Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Golden Globes

Two of the dresses I thought were just fabulous were worn by Anne Hathaway and Amy Adams.

I think the contrast of Anne's midnight blue Armani Privé dress with her pale skin was so pretty and made her glow without needing any self tanner...

All the amazing beading detail on the bodice required very little jewelry and I was glad she just chose simply, small (yet cute) earrings.

It was also a good call for her to wear bold yet muted makeup. Her black liner/lashes combo made her eyes pop yet because little eyeshadow appears to be used, this look is effortless understated. Also her red lips were smartly natural yet accentuated the fullness of her lovely pout.

(Although I thought she could have done a little more with her hair, why was she placed on the worst dressed list?!)


Amy brilliantly proves that the LBD (little black dress) does not always have to be little.

With the look of an old Hollywood movie star, she seemed so confident in her sequined Oscar de la Renta frock.

I though her emerald colored earrings and cocktail ring accentuated her glimmering eyes without the need for colorful eyeshadow. Also the green baubles made her hair radiate, but I thought the half-up hair made her look too casually Bohemian.

Her makeup looked almost like she wasn't wearing any at all which I loved except I wished her lashes were curled more to make her eyes glisten. I would have preferred touch more blush and lip color because the flashing paparazzi bulbs makes colors on the face from makeup look more washed out.

I am glad both starlets kept their jewels toned down to play up their glimmering gowns, but wish both could have perhaps made their hair a tad bit done up for the occasion.

What are your thoughts on other looks from this year? Any you loved or hated? Do you agree or disagree with me?
Please tell!

xoxoxoxo
~Chelsie

(Photos courtesy of WWD.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment